School Counseling Home
This page is currently under construction.
*Please access the Counseling Newsletter link on the right, opt into the Remind App or check our Facebook page (@blhscounseling) frequently for updates on important information and events!*
Welcome to the BLHS Counseling Office
Important Contact Information:
Office: (803) 532-9251
Fax: (803) 532-9597
School Code/CEEB Code: 410110
School Counseling Staff:
Caitlin Gordon, Director of School Counseling
Sarah Wicker, School Counselor
Gale Gibson, Receptionist
Lynne Cade, PowerSchool Operator
The purpose of the Lexington 3 School Counseling Program is to assist all students to achieve their potential, become lifelong learners, graduate college or career ready, and live as productive citizens.
The direction of Lexington 3 School Counselors is to provide all students with a comprehensive, developmental school counseling program in partnership with teachers, administrators, parents, and a caring community. The school counseling program will encourage all students to be successful 21st century lifelong learners by addressing their academic, personal/social, and career needs.
- Lexington 3 school counselors believe each student’s unique potential can be nurtured and developed through a strong comprehensive counseling program.
- Lexington 3 school counselors believe they are advocates, role models, and partners with all stakeholders to assist students to achieve high standards.
- A school counseling program must be dynamic and developmentally appropriate for all students.
- Input from stakeholders is necessary for school counselors to plan and deliver an effective school counseling program.
- The school counselors believe that each year data should be used to make informed decisions regarding the development of their counseling program.
- Lexington 3 school counselors are guided by the ethical and legal standards set by the American School Counselor Association.