IGP/Course Registration Info
Individual Graduation Plans (IGPs) are required to be completed for each student on an annual basis. Counselors will meet with each student to discuss their interests and goals, and assist them in tailoring their academic paths towards accomplishing these plans. We highly recommend studying the BLHS Academic Course Catalog linked to the left prior to attending your IGP meeting.
During IGP meetings counselors will discuss the following:
1. Student progress towards graduation
2. Courses remaining for diploma completion/diploma pathways
3. Course requests for the following school year
4. The Profile of the SC Graduate
5. Student interests and goals
6. Career pathways
7. CATE Completer distinctions, if applicable
8. 4 year vs. 2 year university options, if applicable
9. Military, if applicable
10. Any questions or concerns
Due to the number of IGPs that must be scheduled, each student/family will be sent a formal letter in advancwe with a designated appointment time. Parents are required to attend these meetings if possible, and parental consent will be required for course request decisions. Appointments will be limited to 25-30 minutes in order to accommodate all families, but if additional time is needed a follow up appointment can be scheduled.
*If you are unable to attend during your designated time please give us a call asap at 803-532-9251 to reschedule!*